2.06.2012

As in a Dream

These photos are from a time when I began a transition with photography.
I stopped doing all kinds of freelance work and began to explore my own relationship 
with photography. I began to see the world differently (a more natural, instinctive
reaction surfaced). I rejected my old ways of thinking about photography 
(relating to structure, style and tradition). Without the pressure of deadlines or 
meeting someone else's expectations, I felt like a new door had opened for me. 

I began to see things as if I were in a dream or a painting. 

I realized my attraction to surrealism, interest in dreams and view in photography 
all came together. These images somehow make me think of the spaces in our minds 
where memories are stored and experiences are relived. These spaces are connected 
with those where dreaming occurs. And then these spaces are all connected to our 
experience in the present.
Past (memory) -- Dreams -- Present (alive) 


Barbeque in Marble Falls, Texas

Recreation Center, South Austin 

Corpus Christi, Texas 

Krauze Springs  

Corpus Christi, Texas

Father's Day Parade, South Austin